EDUCATING THE WHOLE CHILD
Seaside Charter Schools follow traditional Waldorf themes within the Florida Standards framework which strengthens the child to meet not only the challenges of school but also to be capable of contributing to community life.
To face their futures with confidence, students need to develop a capacity for clear thinking, emotional stability, intellectual flexibility, and moral values. Our objective is to help all students to blossom into young adulthood with a balanced capacity for thinking, feeling and doing, so that they are prepared with self-confidence and inner resources to accept responsibility and to take their places as creative, self-directed members of society. We teach to the “Head, Heart, and Hands” of every child.
OUR VISION & MISSION
Seaside’s shared vision is to foster each student's intellectual, social, emotional and physical development in a nurturing, Waldorf-inspired public charter school setting that inspires deep learning, a sense of environmental stewardship, and an appreciation for all cultures, the arts, and the ever-changing world. At the heart of this approach is the recognition that curriculum and instruction must be presented to children in a way that fills them with wonder, reverence and enthusiasm. By teaching children to care for and respect their physical environment and the earth, it instills global responsibility and promotes environmentally conscious living. We strive to build a deep and meaningful community full of students, staff, and parents who are committed to the development of head, heart and hands through our shared values and sense of responsibility to each other and the world around us. Seaside strives to be a full-member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education.
At Seaside Charter School, we provide a rigorous, arts-integrated educational program guided by the 7 Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education to meet and exceed the Florida State Standards. By cultivating the Head, Heart, and Hands our school:
● Provides a joyful, safe, compassionate and creative environment for learning.
● Nurtures the intellect, imagination, and emotional life of each child.
● Provides a rigorous Waldorf-inspired curriculum aligned to Florida state standards that is approached through excellent, well-planned teaching resulting in deep-rooted learning.
● Benefits students of a variety of backgrounds.
● Nurtures students' environmental stewardship and civic responsibility.
● Inspires children to live engaged and successful lives, prepared to meet the demands of their world.